FAQs: Junior Eagles return to training
The Gungahlin Eagles Juniors first training session will be on Tuesday 2nd June, Nicholls Enclosed Oval.
- All teams will train on Tuesdays (from 5pm until 5:50pm)
- U11-15 teams will also train on Thursdays (from 5pm until 5:50pm)
Here is everything you need to know.
Training Session Logistics
- 1.5m social distancing at all times
- Teams will have allocated training spaces, you will be given instructions when you arrive at Nicholls
- Arrive as close to start time as possible so as to avoid group congregating
- Proceed straight to your designated field to begin your session
- There are strict entrances and exits that will be signposted
- No congregations in the car park or within the Nicholls oval
- If you are late, you will not be allowed in to train and will be sent away
- The session will be strictly 50 minutes and must finish at 5:50pm
- No loitering will be permitted
- After completion of your session please leave the enclosed area ASAP
Do players have to be registered to train?
- Yes, players must be registered for 2020 to be permitted into Nicholls oval
- For rego information, go to http://www.gungahlineagles.com.au/become-an-eagle/junior-player/
What should I bring to training?
- Boots or runners,
- Personal towel,
- Full water bottle (Water will not be provided),
- Come dressed ready to train
What rules do I need to follow once I arrive at Nicholls?
- Enter via the main entry gate and exit via the sliding ambulance gate, avoiding cross-over as much as possible.
- No socialising in groups. Get in, train and get out.
- No physical contact. This means high fives, hand-shakes, bum-taps and group hugs.
- Hand sanitiser station will be available on entry
- Sanitising stations will be set-out on the field as required under the guidelines.
- Equipment must be sanitized at the completion of the session
- Spectators, non-designated coaching, management or support staff, or family are encouraged to stay outside the enclosed area, when this cannot be avoided please maintain social distancing
- We recommend you download the COVIDSAFE APP. This will allow your club mates who come in contact with the virus to be notified.
What should I do if I have any symptoms of Covid-19?
- Do not attend training if you are feeling ill, or have symptoms of cold or flu
- Seek medical attention and advise your Coach
Is there anything else I can do to make our return to rugby more probable?
- Don’t do anything outside of the return to train/play framework that may jeopardise our chances of rugby recommencing. One indiscretion, especially anything that results in a positive Coronavirus case, could impact the whole season for everyone.